I guess we all like to switch things up from time to time and I'm no different. I love these prints I have in the dining room, but the frames were blending into the wall a little too much. They have really pretty frames, but you just couldn't see them very well. Here's what they looked like before I got out the paintbrush...
|I've had this one for years and I still love the picture of flowers.|
|Here's the other one. I still like this print too, but the frame wasn't showing up.|
|Here's the "after." I just added some water to white acrylic paint and brushed it on with a foam brush. Then I watered down some brown acrylic paint and lightly brushed it on for a bit of a distressed look.|
Not a huge difference, but it was good enough for me. :) At least you can see the frames now. (I added some close up pics of these frames at the bottom of the post.)
I also switched around my wall pocket and another picture in the dining room.
|Here's what it looked like before. I had the picture to the left of the window and the wall pocket with some flowers in it to the right. (Sorry...this is the best "before" pic I could find.)|
|And here it is now. I just switched sides and replaced the flowers in the wall pocket with some hydrangeas. I think I like this better. :)|
|Here's a close up of one of the frames.|
|I like how the brown paint brought out the details in the frame.|
|And here's a close up of the other frame I painted.|
|I like how the frame kind of stands out from the wall now.|
|Here's a close up of the wall pocket with the hydrangeas.|
|And here's a close up of the framed print that's now on the right side of the window. :) I bought this print ages ago at Linens N Things and still love it. :)|
If you want to see more pics of my dining room, click HERE
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!