Hello there! Today I'm back to show you the chalkboard print I ordered from Dear Lillie. I took advantage of their Memorial Day sale to get this one I've had my eye on...
I love it! We also made this frame for it and I'll show you how we did that at the end of the post.
Just look at the pretty packaging it came in! I love that extra touch. :)
Here's a close up of the frame.
Here's a couple of "before" pics of the plates we used to have in this spot...
The colors just didn't go very well in here anymore. I'm slowly rotating out some of my "Tuscan" decor. :)
And here are a few more "afters" with the new chalkboard print...
I definitely like this look a lot better. :)
Okay, so here's how we made the frame. First I bought some foam board and cut it a tad larger than the print. Then I put a teeny tiny amount of spray adhesive on each corner of the foam board and attached the chalkboard print.
Here's what it looked like when I was done with that.
Then my hubby put this frame together. (he just cut the wood, used some wood glue on the corners and nailed it together)
Next, we needed a thin piece of wood to form the "ledge" the print would sit on inside the frame. These yard sticks were the perfect thickness and were much cheaper than buying another piece of wood. :) You can also see the wood glue he used in this pic along with the nailer he used to nail the frame together.
Here's a closer look at the yard stick after he attached it to the frame. See how it's going to make a little ledge for the print?
Next, he used these staples that can be bent to hold the print in place.
He just nailed them in at different intervals around the frame.
This is the stain I used. Love this color! I also discovered I love to stain stuff!
This is the hanger he used.
Here's a pic after we put the print in the frame and bent down the staples to secure it.
Here's a closer look at the hanger and the staples bent down to hold the print in place.
And that's pretty much it! I wanted a big chunky frame and it was much cheaper to make this one rather than buying one. It seems like frames have gotten really expensive lately.
Now, for the popsicle recipe. Here's a pic of the ones we made recently...
They were the best strawberry popsicles and you can find the recipe we used HERE. There's only 3 ingredients and it's super easy.
I love strawberry season and while we were whipping up the strawberry popsicles, we also made a few of these...
And then I made these (and had them for breakfast the next day) :)
I hope y'all have a good day! Oh, and GREAT news...the kitchen cabinets are finished!! They've been painted, the hardware has been installed, and the furniture "feet" have been added! I hope to have the kitchen reveal post up by Thursday or Friday. I have lots of pics to take and edit, so hopefully I can get it done in time. :)
I'm joining this party: Joy In Our Home