I was so excited when sweet Danielle from The Cheerful Home told me she nominated me for a Liebster Award! I really was honored that she would think of me. :) Here's the information I got directly from Danielle's blog explaining what the Liebster Award is...
"It's given by bloggers to new bloggers as a way to recognize their hard work and also provide a platform to discover new blogs. The word "liebster" is German and means kind, dear, lovely, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome."
That is just the sweetest, kindest thing I've read in a long time. :)
The rules are:
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter...thank you again, Danielle!
2. Answer the 11 questions presented to you.
3. Nominate 11 up and coming bloggers for the Liebster Award
4. Provide 11 questions for your nominees to answer and notify them of the nomination.
Here are my questions from Danielle:
1. How long have you been blogging, and what inspired you to begin?
I've been blogging since March, 2013. I think I was mostly inspired by other bloggers. I first discovered what a blog was in 2009 and have learned so much from browsing blogs. I've not only learned new ways to decorate and craft, but also how to do these things on a budget. I really think I've saved so much money by learning how to DIY several projects.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
This one is easy. I'd definitely go to London. And since it's so close, probably France too. I've always had a predilection for all things British. :)
3. What are your favorite blogs?
Well, this one is hard. I guess I'd have to say Kelly's Korner since she was pretty much the first blog I followed. It was through her blog that I discovered all the other wonderful blogs out there. Another one of the first blogs I started following was Bless Our Nest. Shannon has the cutest kids and I love her decorating style.
4. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
I'm definitely an early bird.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully still blogging and enjoying it. We'll also have put one son through college and another one will be finishing up his sophomore year in college, so we'll be close to having an empty nest. :)
6. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Anyone who knows me in real life will tell you I've ALWAYS wanted to be a wife and mother. (except for that brief period when I was six years old and wanted to be Jan Brady.) ;) But other than that, I've always looked forward to being a stay at home mom and taking care of my family. I'm extremely thankful every single day that I'm able to do just that.
7. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Hands down, California. Anywhere in California. I love the northern parts and the southern parts. San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit. It gets so hot in Texas, so California weather is just perfection in my book. I'd love to live there someday. It would be so nice to go hiking where it's not 100 degrees in July. I'd spend a lot more time outdoors if I lived in California.
8. Who is most influential in your life?
I would have to say my mom. I talk to her almost every day on the phone. She's a great listener and lets me vent to her all the time. :) I always feel better after talking with her. She's also one of my biggest supporters in what ever I'm doing at any given moment.
9. What's your favorite piece of furniture in your house?
Probably my kitchen hutch. I got it years ago at World Market and love decorating it for different holidays. That little space in my kitchen acts as if it was built specifically for that piece.
10. How did you decide on your blog name?
It wasn't too hard. I knew I wanted the name "Texas" in it, and I thought I'd pretty much blog about decorating, so "Texas Decor" was born. :)
11. If you could talk to your 18 year old self today, what advice would you give?
I'd probably say to relax and not sweat the small stuff. I'd also say to try and make time for yourself. As moms, we tend to put everyone else first, but it's important that we take care of our needs too.
Oh, that was a lot of fun! Did y'all learn something new about me today? I really was honored to get that note from Danielle saying she had nominated me. I'm very grateful for all that blogging has brought me and I treasure the friendships I've made.
Okay, here are the lovely bloggers I'm nominating for the Liebster Award:
I know, I know...I only nominated three. I'm trying to find more "new" bloggers to nominate and will hopefully update this list soon. :)
My questions for them are:
1. When did you first discover the world of blogging?
2. Who inspired you the most to start a blog?
3. What's your favorite season of the year?
4. What are your favorite blogs?
5. Do you have any unique talents we need to know about?
6. Do you have any siblings, where are you in the birth order?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. What is one place you've always wanted to visit?
9. What is your favorite dessert?
10. How many states have you lived in?
11. What is your favorite room in your house?
I'm really looking forward to reading all their responses. It'll be so much fun to get to know these ladies a little better. :)